Friday, June 30, 2023

Trying To Clear My Mind 6/30/2023

 Good Morning. 

I am awake early and will be meeting a friend soon to tackle a small project at his home. I just poured a hot mug of Door County Blueberry Cobbler Coffee and now it is time to write. I have something on my mind that I don't care to share and it is weighing me down. I tried to get lost and train my dogs with some pond work. It didn't help. Once we were done with the swimming the problem was right there in the front of my mind. Yes friends I have been praying about this concern for a long time.

I needed to get some time alone without a phone, radio or other people, in a place where I can cry out to God and seek His direction and peace. I counted on God to direct my paths. 

Isaiah 30:20-21 Although the Lord gives you the bread of adversity and the water of affliction your teachers will be hidden no more; with your own eyes you will see them. 21.Whether you turn to the right or the left , your ears will hear a voice behind you, saying, "This is the way, walk in it." 

I am not one to cherry pick Bible verses in times of need. But as I was studying last night in the quiet of my den, this verse came to mind. Where I least expected to find any peace I found it at an old desk sitting on an old chair. God doesn't need a golden pond or a cabin in the woods to sit down with you and talk. I take Him at His word that we will know the path to take and  how to find peace. 

God bless,

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment