Wednesday, June 14, 2023

We All Have Something In Common 6/14/2023

 Good Morning,

I just poured a hot cup of Door County Chocolate Cherry Coffee and now it is time to write. 

No matter what we think, we all have something in common. This might be hard to swallow for those who have lots of things. It is a fact that whatever we have, we received it. Whether you have much or a little. You did not accomplish anything on your own. It was God who decided to give you what you have. It could be objects or accomplishments. God gave it to you. So don't break your arm patting yourself on the back or chap your lips tooting your horn. But be humble and thankful in all things. Use the blessings God gave you to make Him proud, not to make yourself look good. 

1 Corinthians 4:7 For who makes you different from anyone else? What do you have that you did not receive? and if you did receive it, why do you boast as if you did not. 

This verse should strike a chord with us and cause us to be humble or pray for humility.

Genesis 9:3 Every moving thing that lives shall be food for you. And as I gave you the green plants, I give you everything. 

I plan on eating a ribeye steak this weekend. Only God could provide a tasty slab like that. I did nothing to obtain it. Even my job is a gift from God. God gave me the plate, knife and fork and the wood fire.

Think it through my friends. 

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment