Monday, June 19, 2023

Caught In A Snare 6/19/2023

 Good Morning,

My mug was just filled with Door County Inn Keepers Blend Coffee and I say "Let this week begin." 

When I pray, I try my best to align my prayers with the will of God. I had someone ask me if I believe that Satan blocks our prayers. The answer to that question is no. Only we can do that by self-defeating doubt and unrepentant sinful lifestyles. James 1-5-8 teaches that faithless prayers are powerless and ineffective.

James 1:5-8 If any of you lacks wisdom, you should, ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to you. 6. But when you ask you must believe and not doubt, because the one who doubts, is like a wave of the sea., blown and tossed by the wind. 7. That persons should not expect to receive anything from the Lord. 8. Such a person is double minded and unstable in all they do.

Peter teaches us that a husbands prayers will be hindered if they mistreat their wives. 

1 Peter 3:7 Husbands, likewise, dwell with them with understanding, giving honor to the wife, as to the weaker vessel, and as being heirs together of the grace of life, that your prayers be not hindered. 

Proverbs 6:2 You are snared by the words of your mouth; You are taken by the words of your mouth.  

So what am I saying? #1. Prayers not being answered? Check for unrepentant sin in your life. #2. Where are you on the doubt meter? #3. Be careful what you wish for and pray for. Be very careful!

Marty


No comments:

Post a Comment