Sunday, June 11, 2023

I'M A Gonna! 6/11/2023

 Good Morning,

We have a light rain falling this morning and the temperature is a little cold right now in our part of the world. Therefore my cup of Door County Blueberry Cobbler Coffee is performing double duty, waking me up and warming me up. 

Today I will attempt to set a few folks straight as they drink their coffee and ponder their actions for today. A lot of people wake up from a night of sleep and are still tired. Some people are so tired from running their own lives and running the lives of others that they are often so tired that the day ahead is blurred by self induced management meetings to rearrange or pursue plans that aren't working out. 

A fella recently laid out his plan for his life once more. I emphasize "once more". This guy has had more 'life plans" than Ace Hardware has nuts and bolts. Nothing ever seems to work out for him. When he told me about his latest life adventure I asked him, "What does God want you to do? He gave me that look I see from our dogs when they tilt their heads and give me that sense that we are not on the same page. 

He proceeded to say "I'm going to do this" and ignored my question completely. I stuck with my thoughts and said "wouldn't you want to know what God thinks of your plan and if He even likes this one at all? Why don't you pray, fast and and ask God for His plan?" That's when I received  the answer I was dreading. "I believe that this is my decision to make and I will make it and have to live with any consequences. I really can't go wrong with this one." 

Here is where this fella went wrong. He is always very tired because he has to continually be planning his next move in life. To simply finish this thought, he has made himself into his own little God. He has promoted himself, while making God small in his life. He has demeaned the greatness and awesomeness of God while living the lifestyle of "I'm A Gonna"! He has forgotten one statement from Scripture that we read but forget to live it. 

Isaiah 55:8-9 "For My thoughts are not your thoughts. Nor are your ways My ways," says the Lord.  9. "For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are My ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts. 

Are you tired from running the world? Are you weighing in on the plans of others while you are not listening to God for your own life's plan? If your life resume looks like a tickertape instead of a life that is on target, it might be time to accept God's plan and ask Him for His advice, Then follow it!!

Have a blessed day!

Marty


No comments:

Post a Comment