Friday, June 2, 2023

Come On Buddy! 6/2/2023

 Good Morning, 

I need to be on the road very early and I will be having my first cup of Door County Blueberry Coffee from inside of my truck. 

I will be traveling a little north of our home today about 1.5 hours to cheer on our youngest dog Leo as he competes in a hunt test. He will be running in hunt tests today and for the next two days. Leo was a little slow as a puppy to grasp the excitement of hunting and retrieving birds. My wife describes Leo as easy going, and the house clown. Our older dog Gibbs is intense when he hunts and is all business. But just in the last year and a half Leo has turned on the switch and he has gotten real serious about his craft. Sometimes you wonder if you can take a dog who carries his dinner bowl around after he finishes eating seriously. 

So today as I watch him compete for a ribbon, I will be proud of him and I will be pulling for him with the same type of intensity as Leo has. 

Now what is my goal for today, in my writing. Both dogs are part of our home and family. We are blessed to be pet owners. We feed them, play with them, heal their wounds, and enjoy them. We made a commitment when we decided to bring them home as puppies. We promised to take care of them and raise them up and let them know they are special to us. They were born to hunt and they both are great partners to me. 

God has two statements in Scripture which shapes my thinking about animals as pets and our responsibilities.

Proverbs 12:10 Whoever is righteous has regard for the life of his beast, but the mercy of the wicked is cruel. 

Proverbs 27:23 Know well the condition of your flocks. 

So today as you might be deciding to bring home a pet, remember they are like a marriage. If it is tough going you just can't quit and send them off to live elsewhere. Decide to spend their life with them and mean it. They brighten your world and you are their whole world!

God bless,

Marty




No comments:

Post a Comment