Sunday, June 4, 2023

Keep The Train On The Tracks. 6/4/2023

 Good Morning, 

I am looking forward to today and I am embracing it with a hot cup of Door County Cream Coffee and all the gusto I can rally up. 

Matthew 4:4 But He answered,  "It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but every word that comes from the mouth of God.

2Timothy 3:16 All Scripture is breathed out by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness. 



I will be out on the road later to watch our youngest dog Leo compete in another hunt test. What makes this day a little more special is that Leo will be coming home with me. He has been away for a month getting some of the finer points of hunting honed into his bag of talents. We have missed the bundle of energy and things have been pretty quiet without him. Our older dog Gibbs just goes through the motions of life now, content with sleeping more and more. Leo has done very well in competition but it is time to come home. 

My point for the day is this. If I don't keep up with the training every day Leo could slip back into some bad habits or develop a desire to always take a short cut or the easy road. It is important to keep building on what he has learned. Practice makes perfect. 

Friends I also find that I need to keep myself sharp and on the right track. There are times when I binge on my Christianity and can't get enough of God's word in my life. But then I tend to find times to slack off and get lazy. Once that happens my train derails and I find myself forgetting what I learned. Once you forget what you have learned, and think "I will train harder tomorrow," you are headed to failure. Each day should have time carved out for reading your Bible and prayer time. Think on it this way. We tend to try and eat three meals a day. That would be 21 meals in one week. Would you eat all 21 on one day and try to coast through the week that way?  No you wouldn't . A steady diet is the best diet. 

God Bless, 

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment