Saturday, June 24, 2023

Finding Some Peace And Comfort In A Tough World!

 Good Morning,

I have a hot cup of Door County Pecan Scones in front of me and two Springer Spaniels who just want to play behind me. It is time to write.

When times are tough on my heart, and the world seems to be attacking my very soul, I often retreat to the comfort of my den for some extra prayer and time spent in God's Word. I find comfort, contentment, and hope in the verses I read. I believe the Bible is God's word and it is there for guidance, chastisement, hope and comfort. 

2 Timothy 3:16-17 All Scripture is God breathed, and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training. in righteousness, so that the servant of God, may be thoroughly equipped for every good work.

I wanted to lay out some Bible verses that help me to find my way now and then and share them with you.  I hope they help and soothe hearts and souls today. 

Peace; Philippians 4:6-7 Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer, and supplication with thanksgiving let your request be made known to God.  And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. 

Hope; Deuteronomy 31:8-9 The Lord Himself goes before you and will be with you; He will never leave you nor forsake you. Do not be afraid and do not be discouraged. 

Contentment; Psalm 23:1 The Lord is my Shepherd, I lack nothing. 

Comfort; Romans 15:13 May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust Him, so that you may overflow with hope, by the power of the Holy Spirit.

Love; Psalm 143:8 Let the morning bring me word of your unfailing love, for I have put my trust in you.  Show me the way I should go, for to you I entrust my life. 

God loves you my friends. Have a great day.

Marty


No comments:

Post a Comment