Tuesday, September 1, 2020

Sometimes Our Best..... 9/1/2020

Good Morning,

I just sat down with a cup of Door County German Chocolate Cake Coffee. Today is September 1st and normally I would be breaking out the Door County Fall Flavors today, but somehow that thought slipped my mind. Tomorrow will be a new day and the cup will be filled with Caramel Apple Coffee.

Galatians 6:5 For each of us will have to bear his own load. 

Sometimes our best just isn't enough. September 1st also brings the start of goose hunting season. Notice, I am writing from home and not from a goose blind. The opening day has escaped me due to a small problem with work. Last Friday I performed a service that is quite normal for me to do and thought that everything was just fine. In order to complete the process I had to ship something to a lab and have it arrive by Monday. ( Yesterday) An email came to me yesterday saying that the shipment never arrived. I started the process of tracking the package and ran into a few stone walls. The package is important and has an expiration time. Our client is counting on us to come through. I double and triple checked the process I performed and found nothing wrong. I won't know until later today what happened. The shipping company I use is always 100% spot on in their service.


But hunting had to be cancelled for me, even though the company I work for scrambled extra help to retrieve the package and hand deliver it to the appropriate Lab. I started the project and I need to see it through to the end. I will receive and email or a phone call letting me know it worked out or not. If need be I will need to start it all over and make it right for our client.

Here's the point for the day. Sometimes even your best isn't quite good enough. Things go wrong and unlike the world we live in I can't rush to blame someone else. The problem came and it needs to be fixed. Sure, I will need to find out just what exactly happened and see if there is something I can do so that it doesn't happen again, but the main thing is to solve the problem of the day, own it and move on. Getting all up in someone's face isn't going to help. Blaming others without fixing it anyway isn't going to help.

In this world today, we have things go wrong all the time and the world rushes in to blame someone else for the issue. I think it's time for everyone to own your own crazy, your own stupidity, and your own wretchedness. Last I checked, we all make our own decisions good or bad. Last time I checked the name on my ID was mine and I wasn't born yesterday. It's time to quit blaming others all the time for the miscues of life. At best, this could be called childish behavior.  Sometimes our best just isn't good enough. I will work with the shipping company and see what can be done to never have this happen again and if there is something I can learn or do better, well that's on me.

Food for thought.

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment