Monday, September 14, 2020

The Righteous Academy 9/14/2020

Good Morning,
Door County Cherry Creme Coffee splashed into my cup and now it is time to write. 

Matthew 6:5-6 "And when you pray, you must not be like hypocrites. For they love to stand and pray in the synagogues and at the street corners, that they ma be see by others. Truly, I say to you, they received their reward. But when you pray, go into your closet and the shut the door and pray to your Father who is in secret. And your Father who sees in secret will reward you.

Jesus tells us to find a closet and pray. This is called "quiet time". Many a time during prayer, away from the phone, computer, television and other distractions I have prayed and then listened for God to speak through the Holy Spirit within me.  When I pray I expect something to happen. I wait on the Lord for it to be clear to me.  I am not surprised while being quiet in the "closet" God reveals something to me that isn't good for me or is a blemish on my walk with Him.
"The prayer closet is the academy of righteousness. You go in a reprobate or beggar and come out of it as a Cadet."


I like that phrase a lot. I have often been confronted, then corrected and set on a straight path by God, in that moment or right after prayer.

Think about it. What does God say to you? Or are you one that prays and runs before God speaks to you? Be still and listen.

Marty



1 comment: