Wednesday, September 16, 2020

Harvest Time 9/16/2020

Good morning. I am enjoying a hot cup of Door County Maple Coffee. I finished praying and now it is time to write.

This past week I was able to enjoy some beef vegetable soup. The tomatoes in the soup were harvested from our summer garden. I like eating the fruits of my labor, especially tomatoes.


What I noticed about planting a garden is that whatever seed I plant is what comes up later. If I sow a bean seed I reap a bean. God is very clear on this. What you sow you shall reap.

Do not be deceived: God cannot be mocked. A man reaps what he sows. The one who sows to please his sinful nature, from that nature will reap destruction; the one who sows to please the Spirit, from the Spirit will reap eternal life. Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up. Galatians 6:7-9 
Sow anger, receive anger. Sow dishonesty, receive dishonesty. Sow the breaking of vows, receive broken vows. Sow fear, reap fear. Sow love, reap love. Sow kindness, reap kindness. This is called the law of the harvest. Let's be honest here for a moment . Isn't this a simple thought? Yet we whine and cry when we receive a dose of our own ill behavior toward others.

Sow on in peace and love for Jesus Christ. See then how much better your day is.

Marty

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment