Tuesday, September 15, 2020

We Pray Because We Love 9/15/2020

 Good Morning,

My head is a little foggy today and the cup of Door County Pumpkin Spice Coffee is doing well by me. A couple days ago I lost a battle with three mean bees. It has really messed me up on my left side. But life goes on. I lived and they didn't.


Mark 1:35 Very early in the morning, while it was still dark, Jesus got up, left the house and went off to a solitary place, where He prayed.

John 3:35 The Father Loves the Son and has given all things into His hand

These two verses mean a lot to me. Let me explain why. In Mark 1:35 we see that Jesus arose early to pray. He prayed to His Father in heaven. The verse tells me that Jesus placed a high value on speaking with His Father. Notice I did not say "speaking to". A conversation is a two way street. Jesus started the day by showing His love for the Father by desiring some alone time with Him. It was out of love for the Father that He gave up sleep to pray.  I finished praying before I wrote today and just now stopped for a moment to pray as God reminded me that it is going to be a long day for many in the family. 

I know that all believers can accept the love of God and they can quote verses spewing forth notices of love for us from God. I often wonder if the love is there for God in return. I am in a position within our church that has me asking people to join in serving the Lord. I get many lame excuses as to why they can't or better yet the age old comment "Let Me Pray About It. And I will get back to you". Many times I walk away knowing that I won't hear back from them at all. I have my doubts that they even prayed about it. I cannot judge them and shouldn't. But I wonder if that two way communication of love with God is even really there. 

So today, if you want to tell God you love Him and experience some alone time with Him. Do it. Carve out some time to be loved and express love in return. A marriage with only one person expressing love to the other doesn't usually end up successful. Let your glasses be filled with love from the Father and filled with love for Him. Great breakfast juice!!

God bless,

Marty


mmmm

1 comment:

  1. Marty, May God be with you and your family this day and every day, God bless you.

    ReplyDelete