Sunday, September 13, 2020

Power On Hold 9/13/2020

 Good Morning,

I just returned from being outside with our two dogs Leo and Gibbs. This cup of Door County Autumn Spice Coffee never tasted this good before. It is time to write. We took our circus of three outside. I will be smoking a pork loin with apple wood today. Busy, busy busy.

Yesterday I wrote about prayer and how it is the key to looking inside at your own heart. As this blog often does it caused someone to write a comment. I do read all the comments and appreciate them regardless as to whether they agree with me or disagree. 

I usually do not share the comments within a post even though they are public fodder. Anyone can read them anytime. The one from yesterday was right on and was exactly what I was going to write about today. So this morning "Dulce" is sharing her thoughts on prayer.

Matthew 17:18-20. I tell you the truth, whatever you bind on earth will be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will be loosed in heaven. Again I tell you that if two of you on earth agree about anything you ask for, it will be done for you by my Father in heaven. For where two or three come together in my name, there am I with them. 

"The church does not realize the power given to them to affect this world. We can do all things through Christ our Savior. When the church comes together in unity and prayer for the purposes of God, God shows up and answers our prayers. We the church have the power to stop abortion, to stop the violence and to bind the enemy that is coming against our country. It is time to rise up and fight and war against the principalities in the heavens. His word says, that what we bind on earth will be bound in heaven."

Mam, you spoke a mouth full of wisdom yesterday. I believe that it is the privilege of every Christian to pray. It is a wonderful gift from God to be able to call Him on the scene for others and ourselves. We communicate our thoughts, concerns, worries and needs through prayer. We communicate out of  love for the Father. 

Jesus was known to rise early and spend time with God before His day became busy with people, healing, feeding thousands, or teaching. His first thoughts of the day were to spend time with the Father of Love. 

I also am concerned that people and churches have put the power of God within them and the church on hold, by ignoring serious prayer. A quick thought to pray before a meal, or a Bible study is a glancing shot at prayer. Good, I suppose, but we can do better. I am considering an all night prayer meeting in October, maybe two will show, maybe more. I am praying about this. It's time to get serious about prayer.

Marty


No comments:

Post a Comment