Monday, August 31, 2020

He Wept 8/31/2020

Good Morning,

Door County Orange Creme Coffee filled my empty cup this morning and it is doing it's best to wake me up and start off the day.


Yesterday my brother and I made a long round trip journey to visit our sister. She lives a good three hours away by car. We are making our last visits with her now as she has battled pancreatic liver cancer for over a year and has lost the battle. Our visit was nice and she even joked about dying a little. Seeing her gaunt and wasted away, just skin and bones was a hard to see. Me being the oldest sibling in our family and my brother being the baby could not do what brothers are supposed to do. We are supposed to protect our sister from harm. That's what dad taught us. But as we traveled home together I believe my brother and I conceded that the battle was lost and now we are in a support role of the surrender.

I struggled with how I felt and wondered what Jesus would do in this situation. The answer came to me this morning while reading Scripture. Jesus was informed that His good friend was ill and needed Him.  Lazarus died before Jesus reached him. When Jesus saw the sorrow of his sisters, He wept. Now as the account goes on Jesus raised Lazarus from the dead.  Our sister will be raised up to heaven soon because of her faith In Jesus Christ. She will be healed in heaven.

But what meant the most to me this morning is that Jesus felt the sorrow and pain of his friends and wept. I want to thank Jesus for being a God that knows our emotions  and having sorrow for us and the rest of our family. I want to thank Him for weeping, laughing and for loving us.

Have a great day. Jesus is sharing that day with you.

Marty

2 comments:

  1. The pp peace to know that a family member or a close friend, when he or she leaves this life, goes to be with the LORD and that we will see them there is sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of the hardest things we deal with on this earth is watching those we love suffer. Cancer is so devastating. I pray for your family and that our merciful God gives you the peace that passeth all understanding. Psalm 46:1-3 God is our refuge and our strength, an ever present help in trouble. Therefore we will not fear, though its waters roar and foam and the mountains quake with their surging. May the Lord bless you.

    ReplyDelete