Tuesday, September 8, 2020

Waiting On The Lord 9/8/2020

Good Morning,

I am working to stay warm and awake this morning as I write. A large cup of Door County Chocolate Raspberry Truffle Coffee is at my side.

Acts 1:7 He said to them, "It is not for you to know times or seasons that the Father has fixed by His own authority.

I arrived home last night after visiting my sister and her family  a few hours away from our home. My sister is in the final stage of life after battling a terrible cancer. She is just a small shell of what she used to be. She is in pain which the nurses are working to control. My brother in law and her children are there to comfort her emotionally. It is sad to watch.


I try to glean lessons from the happenings in my life and I found one yesterday as I stood beside her bed and looked at this little helpless figure that once ice skated freely and loved to laugh.  While praying in her room I have never felt so helpless before. There was nothing I could do to help her. I couldn't find some tools and fix this problem. Nothing in the refrigerator could be made that could help her. I couldn't run to the bank and buy this cancer and raw moments away. The lesson I learned and was reminded of is that despite anything I could do, I need to wait on God to take her home.

I am not sure what He is doing and I asked why He was waiting to make the inevitable happen and why why and why again. There is some reason and only He knows the reason she is still suffering.  I will know someday and maybe even sooner. But until then I will trust God to make the right timing call for her and our family.

My trust comes from faith. My faith comes from experiencing healing of my heart on July 7th 1981. I was lost in life and out of control and just at the right time Jesus stepped in and called me to Him. I still struggled with the world and it's pleasures for more years that I care to count. But He never quit on His work in progress. He saw something in me of value that I still cannot see. He took a heart where there was no music and day by day restored life to a trashed soul.

So it's that faith carrying me now. My sister will go home soon to be with Jesus where there will be no pain nor sorrow. She will be healed and it and she will enjoy heaven. I will trust in His timing through faith given to me and certainly not earned.

God bless,

Marty

6 comments:

  1. Praying for more peace of God for you and yours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying for peace that passes all understanding for you and your family during this difficult time....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember witnessing the same with my father. My prayers are with you and your family Marty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Prayers for your sister and for peace for your family.🙏.

    ReplyDelete