Wednesday, September 9, 2020

You Are A Blessing To Me 9/9/2020

Good Morning,

Just a little chilly here this morning. My cup is filled to the rim with Door County Jamaican Blue
Mountain Blend Coffee. I can't help but smile this morning as I think about today's Bible verse.



Psalm 103:2-5, NLT Let all that I am praise the LORD; may I never forget the good things He does for me. He forgives all my sins and heals all my diseases. He redeems me from death and crowns me with love and tender mercies. He fills my life with good things. My youth is renewed like the eagle’s!

The picture above was taken in South Dakota a few years ago after a long day of pheasant hunting. I was blessed to hunt with a large group of friends and acquaintances. After the hunt we gathered together for some refreshments and snacks on the prairie. It was a very nice time that I will always remember. I don't see many of them too often or for some of them this was a first and last time we met and hunted together.

In my life I have met many people and I am related to quite a large group too. I have worked with hundreds of people throughout my life and in my career. I have met hundreds of people through church and mission trips in many places throughout the world. In some instances I was taught by some of you. In some cases we might not have agreed on things. But knowing you improved me or impacted me in a way that made me stronger. Some people taught me to hunt better. Some people I only interacted with for a short time. In plain words we all meet people, work with people, worship with people, play with people, live with people, and  argue from time to time with people. No matter the case you and others have been a part of my life as well as people have been a part of yours.

So when I think about it, I really believe that God knows who we will meet. I now see all the people I meet, or have met, as a blessing. God gave me you, for a moment, or a lifetime, for a fun time or a disagreement. God gave me you. You are a blessing. Just wanted you to know that!

Have a beautiful day.

Marty

4 comments: