Saturday, September 5, 2020

Perfect Timing Isn't Me 9/5/2020

 Good Morning,


This day is starting with a cup of Door County Harvest Blend Coffee. The cup is big and the coffee extra hot today. I wrote this one quite a few years ago, In reading it two weeks ago, it caused me to call the man mentioned below.. The fella  is now married and doing very well.  God came through in his time. 



Dear Friends. 

This past week I was praying for a friend of mine who is in need of housing. You must be thinking "why doesn't Marty help him"? Good question. Several people offered, but due to where he needs to live and where I live it just doesn't work. He was told that on this past Monday he would need to be out of his residence. There just were not any places that he could find to rent. I called a lot of people for prayer. Sunday night as we were preparing to have him live in his truck on Monday, he reminded me that we should pray that God's will be done and if it were to be homeless, my friend would be homeless and content. What a statement! 

Well I received a message from my friend on Monday. He was very excited. I thought for sure our prayers had been answered. He told me they were. I said "tell me what God did". My friend explained that circumstances had changed a little and that he could stay where he was living for another 7 days. I was disappointed and he was very happy. I thought our problem was solved and now it was just postponed. My friend reminded me that God blessed him for another 7 days with housing and that now it was time to trust God and do good. 

You see God met his need basically a day at a time. My friend is looking for a place yet but with a smile. As he said. "I will be content in all things and trust God for my daily bread. 

I have a lot to learn! 

Psalm 23

A psalm of David.

The Lord is my shepherd, I lack nothing.
    He makes me lie down in green pastures,
he leads me beside quiet waters,
    he refreshes my soul.
He guides me along the right paths
    for his name’s sake.
Even though I walk
    through the darkest valley,[a]
I will fear no evil,
    for you are with me;
your rod and your staff,
    they comfort me.
You prepare a table before me
    in the presence of my enemies.
You anoint my head with oil;
    my cup overflows.
Surely your goodness and love will follow me
    all the days of my life,
and I will dwell in the house of the Lord
    forever.
 
He's not homeless in God's eyes. The Shepherd has him.
 
By the way this man was mentioned a few months ago in this blog. He is the song writer who wrote "The Least of These". I added one of the lines from his song below.  Have a great day. Pray for someone. 
Marty
 

The Least of These
 
He didn't ask for this.
This wasn't his dream.
To reach out his hand, and ask every man for a small offering.
The clothes that he wears around someone threw away
The food that he eats, he calls it a feast.
He found in the trash today.
 
Chorus
And he is the least of these.
He has his own name.
He is someone that God's only Son Came here to save.
What are we doing to reach him?
How are we meeting his needs?
Cuz whatever we do for him,
We do for our King.

No comments:

Post a Comment