Wednesday, September 2, 2020

The Bunny Stopped 9/2/2020

Good Morning,

The sun is working hard to show it's face today and it seems appropriate that it matches my mood. The Door County German Chocolate Cake Coffee in my cup just seems to not be hot enough today. With all that said, it is time to write.



I have written before about an aunt of mine who lives in Florida. Ninety years ago God gave to this world the original Energizer Bunny. When we talked on the phone which was quite often she would run down her list of things that she accomplished and then the list of things that needed to be done.  Yet she would scold me when I would tell her about my list of things that were completed for the day or week and tell me to slow down and rest. There was never a holiday or birthday that went by that she did not call and send a card.  I wish at times I had her energy!

Psalm 34:18 The Lord is near to the broken hearted. 

Now on the other hand, Aunty never passed up on a chance to encourage you to get going on something, keep going on something or  get after another family member if she thought they needed some help. You were to be there and assist or all  5 feet of her seemed to grow into a six foot giant. She was one who forgave readily even when you a little kid and picked the roses off of her bushes.

I could write down many memories of her that would take me a year to compose and put to pen. Here's the point. I don't have any bad ones to recall. She loved her family and she loved to laugh. She loved God and her country although, she wasn't to thrilled with the world right now and the political antics of the times. Her heart was always that of one who gave.

Last night we lost the oldest of our family to covid. Her faith has her in heaven this morning and I can rest with that. No pain, no sorrow. The Bunny stopped last night.  It is not emotions run sloshy that write this morning. It is easy to tell the truth about her. If you were her and this was about you, what would your family have to say about you? If that needs a little work, get on it. You just never know when that battery charge will run out.

God bless,

Marty

6 comments:

  1. Prayers to all of your family. I will miss her liking all my pictures that is for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Prayers to you and your family. God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I’m sorry Marty and Rene. She’s. Probably having a chat with Katie. They’re talking about you, Marty😇

    ReplyDelete