Monday, September 7, 2020

No Explanation. None At All 9/7/2020

 Good Morning,
I just finished writing this a few minute ago and right after I hit the publish and share buttons Iwill be on the road for Wausau Wisconsin to make a visit I dread. But nothing except heaven will stop me from getting there. My road mug is filled with Door County White Chocolate Cinnamon Dolce Coffee.
Job 26:14 Behold these, are just the outskirts of His ways, and how small a whisper do we hear of Him. But the thunder of His power, who can understand?
I want to talk about yesterday. Early in the afternoon I was grocery shopping, We needed a few things and we also have been doing most of the grocery shopping for my wife's mother since the covid started. It's best right now for Grandma to limit her trips. At the age of 93 she has more than earned a little assistance. I actually enjoy doing it for her since it is about the only thing I can do well and do it quickly. Others in the family handle all the technical stuff like laundry and dr's appointments.
While shopping yesterday my cell phone rang and my sister's husband was on the line. He sadly explained to me that the hospice staff gave him the news that my sister who has been battling cancer for some time had only a couple days to live. I told him I would be there in the morning.
I had one more stop to make for groceries and it took me to Walmart. It seems as if the only place I can find the cheese spread  my mother in law likes is "Walmart".  While still at Walmart my phone rang again and it was my wife. She said that she had forgotten to add pickles to our grocery list and I should get some while at Walmart.
I found my way to the "Pickle Aisle" and proceeded to look for the brand I would enjoy. While searching for just the right pickle, a woman on a motorized scooter came down the aisle and parked in front of me. it was obvious to me that she really did need the scooter. She was pretty crippled up. I went about my business and finally decided on a pickle brand and style.  The lady looked back at me and asked me if I could take a jar of pickles off of a shelf that was not within her reach and place it into the basket on the scooter. I was happy to help and she thanked me. I said she was welcome and asked if she needed anymore help. She said no but then it came. "Sir." she said. "God told me to pray for you and at first I didn't want to because you are a stranger and I thought you might blow me off as being a nut case. But God is insisting that I tell you that you are loved. You will make it through this and I am to pray for you. Would you mind telling me why I am to pray for you?" I explained the phone call from my brother in law and that I was hurting  and dreaded the inevitable last visit and my sister's passing.
She looked me square in the eye and said. "Let's pray". I thanked her and she scooted off. I watched her leave and then thought to myself about some of the darkest times in my life, God has always been there to get me through. This time God sent a crippled lady on a scooter to deliver a message. How He spoke to her I have no explanation. How she had enough courage to approach me because I am told that I am not approachable, I have no explanation. I have no explanation why in a large city like the Milwaukee area, the cheese spread my mother in law wanted had Google direct me to a Walmart that wasn't even close to our home. We have one 5 minutes away. But they don't carry that particular cheese spread. God put a lot of things together just to have the two of us meet. I needed that prayer.
I know God will carry our family this week, how I don't know. What He will do. I don't know. Once again I have no explanation. God is just unexplainable. But I know He loves us.

Marty

5 comments:

  1. wow great experience and so sorry about your sister. Prayers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She is suffering so bad as of today yet. I pray for God to take her.

      Delete
  2. It is so hard to loose a sibling but praise God Laurie is saved, you will be with her again, the hardest is loosing a sibling not saved.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hugs Marty. Sorry to hear about your sister. prayers and the Lords blessing be with you.

    ReplyDelete