Friday, September 25, 2020

My Poor Wife 9/25/2020

 Good Morning,

I am moving kind of slow this morning. I did a lot of traveling for work yesterday. My mug was just filled with some Door County Chocolate Cinnamon Dolce Coffee and it is time to get this Friday moving.


I have heard this said quite often since my wife Rene and I have been married. Once people get to know us they remark with things like. "Poor Rene, How does she put up with you? If you were my husband!" 

I always reply "To know me is to love me". Rene is a quiet person and is content with hot dogs one night and can eat lobster the next night. She doesn't complain. I am sure she has wondered why she ever said yes to my marriage proposal 1000 years ago. My life is often so busy, so much like a circus, and at times just plain hectic. Rene rolls with the flow and just keeps saying "to know you is to love you" then she laughs very hard. I wonder what that is all about?

Proverbs 31:10-12 A wife of noble character who can find? She is worth far more than rubies. Her husband has full confidence in her and lacks nothing of value. She brings him good, not harm, all the days of her life.

When I was mining the world for a wife. I found a gem! Men tell your wives that you are thankful for them. God knew many years ago that a little girl in Elkhorn Wisconsin and I would meet one day. He  sure blessed me. 1000 years goes by in a blink of an eye. So appreciate your wife while you can. 

God bless,

Marty




4 comments:

  1. VERY well said Marty!! I love reading your morning inspirations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Couples are usually put together as you and Rene, one sweet and quiet, the other outgoing and more vocal, you two make the perfect couple and are on my pedestal

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ray we appreciate all the encouragement you give. You will never know how much it means to me.

      Delete