Friday, January 1, 2016

Nick Gets Older 1/1/2016

Good Morning and Happy New Year.

Welcome to 2016. Said goodbye to 2015 last night. This morning my Thermos was filled with Door County Jamaican Blue Mountain Blend Coffee. And it was great!




This morning I went to chase some pheasants with our dog and my nephew Nick. Today I want to say a few words about Nick. He is twenty years old and started hunting with me on warm Sunday afternoons when he was four. He would be responsible for packing our lunches ( his mom) and that meant I would eat gummy worms, peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, while drinking juice boxes. He always wanted to wear my duck calls, even though they dragged on the ground when draped from his little neck. I taught him that we should always pray before hunting, asking for God to bless our outing right from the very first time he ever went with me.

Years have gone by and a lot has changed except for a few things. Nick still falls asleep on our rides home, hates it when he misses a bird and he is still always munching on something.

But now, I no longer call the prayer time together. It is an automatic call for Nick to say before we hit the field or swamp. "Let's pray." He can shoot, clean birds, set decoys and take great pictures. But the one important thing stuck also.

Proverbs 22:6New King James Version (NKJV)
Train up a child in the way he should go,
And when he is old he will not depart from it.
 
Who will you teach to pray this year?
 
God bless,
 
Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment