Friday, January 22, 2016

Sweet Apple Pie 1/22/2016

Good Morning,

Happy Friday to all! The day has begun with our dog Gibbs deciding that jumping on me when the alarm clock went off would be a good idea. I cooked up some large soup bones last night and I think he knows that one is coming his way this morning. Dogs just amaze me sometimes.  My Door County Cherry Crème Coffee is steaming next to me while I write. Let's get this day started!

Last night I had a little extra time, so I defrosted some apples that we put up last fall and constructed an apple pie that was baling and filling the house with a sweet aroma.

Some people pay clinics large sums of money to experience "aroma therapy". Come on over to our house when the pie is baking. The aroma is free. I won't charge for a slice of pie and the coffee never runs out.

For me the baking apples was aroma therapy. In the aroma I was reminded of the spring blossoms which are always a favorite part of my year. I recalled how beautiful they look each spring and how I look forward to apple harvest with friends. I recalled eating apple cider donuts with my nephew while in the duck blind.  I remembered planting the oldest tree in our yard with one of our dogs over twenty years ago. I could picture many of the kids that climbed the trees during harvest time and at our picnics. Then I recalled Who gives us the apples and besides eating them how much more God has wrapped into those apple trees.

As I cut into the pie and slapped a little ice cream on it, I could not help but knowing we had been blessed. Funny just how much a baking apple can say.

Psalm 31:19New International Version (NIV)
19 How abundant are the good things
    that you have stored up for those who fear you,
that you bestow in the sight of all,
    on those who take refuge in you
 
Enjoy your day. Count your blessings.
 
Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment