Thursday, January 21, 2016

If I Only Knew Then, What I Know Now! 1/21/2016

Good Morning,

I hope this day is everything you hope it will be and more. I pray that your day is filled with spiritual growth and increased wisdom. The aroma of the Door County Apple Cobbler Coffee coming from the kitchen is taking me on a memory journey to apple picking last fall.



The year was 1975 and that is me with one of my old Fords. The picture is faded much like my memory. I wish I still had that car and especially that hair. 18 years old and boy I knew everything about everything. I was sure of myself and full of myself. My goal was to graduate, get a great job, get married and have 2.3 kids. I was going to set the world on fire. Later the world would beat me up, and swallow me for awhile.

Have you ever said, if I only knew then, what I know now. Well I would have went to study agriculture, married later, quit playing football after high school and saved my knees for my later life. I would have saved more money. I would have bought computer stock. I would have sought a relationship with Christ, and learned to pray. I would have sought wisdom from above. I did not know, what I didn't know. Wisdom, if only I had prayed and asked for wisdom.  Not Earthly wisdom, no, but Godly wisdom prayed for and received from God above as I needed it. The relationship with Christ was way overdue when I started that journey. My path, directed by me was leading to misery. I was running my life on my own wisdom, which we know was a thimble full of brains.

Proverbs 3:5-6New International Version (NIV)
Trust in the Lord with all your heart
    and lean not on your own understanding;
in all your ways submit to him,
    and he will make your paths straight.
 
Like the scarecrow in the Wizard Of Oz movie, "If I only had a brain" back then and sought God for wisdom and instruction. What messes could I have avoided?
 
So dear friends, ask God for wisdom today. He will deliver as much as you need
 
James 1:5New International Version (NIV)
If any of you lacks wisdom, you should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to you.

Have a great day!

Marty

 


No comments:

Post a Comment