Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Come To Me, I Will Help 1/20/2016

Good Morning,

I heard the Door County White Christmas Coffee splashing into the pot and I knew that morning was calling me out of a very comfortable bed. So here I am with my mug to my right and the dog sitting on my feet. This is a great way to start any morning.

Matthew 11:28New King James Version (NKJV)
28 Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.

I am watching some guys go through a rough time right now and my heart goes out to them. I can identify with their struggles and I can say that I tried their remedies for the hurt and anger long before they did. I went through some very rough times many years ago and I am sure that there will be more to come some day. I tried killing the pain of hurt and loneliness with beer and whiskey. I tried ridding myself of anger with bar brawls. I tried self help classes with good intentioned people. I tried hiding from the world. I even considered giving up totally, considering this world to be unfair and not worth living in.

But one night in 1981 I read Matthew 11:28 and took Jesus at His word of invitation that beckoned  me to come to Him. It did not say that I needed a Bible, money, or that I had to be perfect. He asked me to come just as I was. I did run to Him and I have never looked back. I am not what I should be even yet. I am not what I will be some day. But thank Jesus I am not what I was in 1981. He brought me into the Family of God, forgiven of my sins by His grace. He paid my way, on the cross, suffered and died on my behalf, then rose from the dead to prove He is God and defeat the sting of death for all who are saved in Him. I have never regretted this choice.

I still encounter trials and tribulations, but I know Who will carry me through. Not my relatives, not my friends, not some guru, but God Himself wants me to depend on Him to carry me.

This peace that surpasses all understanding comes by choice. The choice is Jesus Christ. So if you know someone with a struggle, all the advice in the world won't help as much as Jesus will. Only He can calm the storms of life. Only He can raise the dead. Only He can understand true abandonment and pain. Lead them to Jesus and let Him patch their broken wings so they can once again soar.

Show someone who is hurting that you care. Tell them all about the One who really wants to comfort them.

God bless,

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment