Thursday, December 31, 2015

Grandma's Chair 12/31/2015

Good Morning,

New Years Eve is here to usher in 2016. I raise my cup of Door County Candy Cane Coffee in a toast to 2015. I lived through it, experienced some blessings and some set backs. But God is still on His throne and always will be. 2015 was no better or no worse than any other year.

Last night I picked up a rocking chair that we had refinished. It looks like new. The chair was given to us by Rene's mother. It actually belonged to Rene's grandmother. We were glad to bring it home and count it as a treasure. The chair has lived through many decades (at least 8)and when we received it as a gift the old chair was almost ready for the scrap heap.

We discussed it for awhile before deciding to rejuvenate the heirloom. It will be moved to my den and the back will hold an afghan crocheted by Rene's mother. Rene saw memories and possibilities in the chair and knew that it was worth the rehab work.

That's how God looks at us. He sees memories from day one and sees all the possibilities in us. From time to time we need a clean up and a push to be useful to His Kingdom. His rehab process on our lives begins with Jesus entering our hearts as Lord and Savior. Then the continual process of reforming us begins with the Holy Spirit. But thank God, He continues to work. We have a few pieces of furniture I have started to refinish and they are sitting in the garage waiting for attention. God never quits on us.

Philippians 1:3-6New International Version (NIV)
I thank my God every time I remember you. In all my prayers for all of you, I always pray with joy because of your partnership in the gospel from the first day until now, being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus.

So for 2016 try to acknowledge the good work that God has started in your life and sit still and allow Him to sand a few of the rough edges in your style.

God bless,

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment