Monday, January 11, 2016

Gender Erosion 1/11/2016

Good Morning,

A full, hot cup of Door County Highlander Grog coffee awaits me when I finish the blog. No need for me to rush because the coffee just started brewing. My timer was a little off today.

It has been coming for awhile and sooner or later I was going to say something. We are living in times when gender roles are eroding. Here's my point, a man has to be a man. A boy has to be a boy. Men don't wear make up and they don't dress in a way that suggests feminine gender.

A man has to be tough and have strength of character. But a man of toughness and character also needs the element of gentleness. God stresses this in Scripture.

Galatians 5:22-23New International Version (NIV)
22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law.

Gentleness is an attitude that ought to be when facing personal opposition, exercising church discipline and when obeying God's Word.

Men need to be tough, yet open and approachable, strong yet tender, teachable and able to teach. The same way our Lord Jesus was. Tougher than nails yet compassionate enough to have children sit on His lap.

That's my thought and I am sticking to it.

God Bless,

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment