Sunday, January 17, 2016

Long Trip Of Love 1/17/2016

Good Morning,

I woke up to the alarm clock singing a little more loudly than normal. We must have increased the volume by accident. I thought I was in a train station when that thing went off. What a start to this day. This Door County Raspberry Butter Crunch Coffee is just what I needed.

Exodus 20:12       
"Honor your father and your mother, that your days may be prolonged in the land which the LORD your God gives you.
 
Later this morning I will be on the road for a trip to Upper Michigan. It wasn't a planned trip but one that is needed. You see, once you are born into a family you are always your parent's child. For the first part of your life you had them take care of you. Then you become independent and need them less, but they still worry about you and care for you whenever they can. Then comes the day when they and you become older and they need you.
 
My Dad called late last night which is odd for him to do. Being that late. it told me something was amiss. He called to inform us that his dog had passed away very unexpectedly. Our mother passed on several years ago and his faithful pup has been at his side though thick and thin. I could tell he was emotionally shaken as we all would be too. I grieve with him. He needs help in properly taking care of her remains. So with a heavy heart I will head up there and to bring her back with me and take care of her properly.
 
I can't heal his broken heart but I can honor him by showing respect today, love him by making the trip, and doing what needs to be done and it's our turn to worry about him. I can never repay all he has ever done for me, but if the roles were reversed and they have been many times, he was right there.
 
So if you are reading this and your parents are still with you. Consider it a blessing to be able to help them when they need it. Call them, visit them and you will be better for it.
 
God bless,
 
Marty
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment