Friday, January 29, 2016

Love Lifted Me 1/29/2016

Good Morning,

Friday arrived right on time and it handed me a cup of Door County Country Morning Blend Coffee to help me with my rise and shine process. I am going to say this twice. Have a great day!



Romans 8:38New International Version (NIV)
38 For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers,
 
Last night while driving home from an hour of pain and torture known as a physical workout at the gym I tuned the radio to my favorite Gospel Music Station. They were playing some real oldies. It did my heart good to hear one of my favorites.
 
Love Lifted Me by James Rowe was playing.
  1. I was sinking deep in sin, far from the peaceful shore,
    Very deeply stained within, sinking to rise no more,
    But the Master of the sea heard my despairing cry,
    From the waters lifted me, now safe am I.
    • Refrain:
      Love lifted me!
      Love lifted me!
      When nothing else could help,
      Love lifted me!
  2. All my heart to Him I give, ever to Him I’ll cling,
    In His blessed presence live, ever His praises sing,
    Love so mighty and so true, merits my soul’s best songs,
    Faithful, loving service, too, to Him belongs.

This old song reminded me of days long ago when I saw no reason to hope and thought life would never ever turn around. Now life is always filled with road blocks, but it seems as if now I have someone to help me pile up the blocks and make a ladder to get over and through the obstacles. Now I have experienced some floods, and one sinking boat. I have experienced the feeling that life was going to sink me personally. But I am convinced that nothing, not one obstacle can separate me from God's love. As I once looked up from a sinking boat to see a helicopter coming with a bright light, during life's troubles I look up and call out.  God's love lifts!

Have a great day!

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment