Saturday, January 23, 2016

God Said What? 1/23/2016

Good Morning,

Do you know what happens every Friday? We start looking forward to Saturday. Well Saturday arrived and as I sip my Door County Jamaican Mountain Blue Blend Coffee I am laying out my chores and plans for the day. The sun is just starting to come up.



Genesis 1:3New International Version (NIV)
And God said, “Let there be light,” and there was light.

One of my favorite passages in the Bible is found in the book of Genesis. I really like reading about how God created the world. To think that when God was working out how to populate the world He was thinking about men and what they would need. I like to believe that even back then God knew who I would need and had her in mind.

Watching the sun come up and seeing the light that God spoke into existence makes me smile. But then He knew that it wasn't good for man to be alone. He then created the woman. That small act put in line for me many women that shaped my life. Great grandmothers, grandmothers, mother, aunts, sister, daughter and grand daughters have all impacted my life. And not last, not least, He made my wife. So every morning when I see the sunrise it is just a reminder of the many miracles of the opposite gender that God has sent my way to mold me and shape me.

Genesis 2:18New International Version (NIV)
18 The Lord God said, “It is not good for the man to be alone. I will make a helper suitable for him.”

Men, if that lump that was laying there snoring this morning and wearing those flannel pajamas is awake, take another look. She is a "God made" miracle just for you.

Have a great day!

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment