Saturday, January 9, 2016

How To Understand The Bible Part 1 1/9/2016

Good Morning,

I am heading out to help my Buddy with a pheasant hunt at a game ranch today for his church. Gibbs and I will be guiding some folks in pursuit of some pheasants. This should be a fun day for all. I look forward to seeing people get out and hunt over a good dog. I love watching that good dog put on a show for those who are not fortunate enough to have a four legged hunting partner like I do. My cup is filled with Door County Raspberry Crunch Coffee and it is going down just fine as I write. Amen!



I want to take a couple of days to try and explain that understanding the Bible does take time and dedication to mining God's Word. But it isn't all that difficult, especially with all the study aids available now.

The main key to understanding the Bible is to fall in love with the Author. The Author is God.

2 Timothy 3:16New International Version (NIV)
16 All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness,

Matthew 22:37-38New International Version (NIV)
37 Jesus replied: “‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’ 38 This is the first and greatest commandment.

It is so much easier to understand someone when you love them. When reading the Bible and seeing God's love for us, you will fall deeper and deeper in love with Him.

This is step one in understanding the Bible. Love the Author!  More tomorrow.

God Bless,

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment