Friday, January 8, 2016

Alone In The Quiet 1/8/2016

Good Morning,

Friday arrived just like I knew it would. One large project behind me and a few new ones will start next week. So I will toast God, my family and myself with a big cup of Door County Cherry Crème Coffee.

Many people just hate being alone. I for one like being alone in peace and quiet, but not for long periods of time. I do enjoy the company of others. But just about every day you can find me in the quiet somewhere. I believe that is why I wake up early. I like it when the television or radio has been silenced. I like the lights just bright enough to read or to see the ducks coming into my decoys. It is in the silence that I can do my best thinking and my best listening. You ask? What do you hear in the silence?  That's simple, I listen for God to speak as I pray and read my Bible.

1 Kings 19:12New International Version (NIV)
12 After the earthquake came a fire, but the Lord was not in the fire. And after the fire came a gentle whisper.

It is rarely that I hear God's voice in the quiet of my mind, but as I read God's Word in the silence and without distractions, He speaks clearly through His Word. I have learned to expect an encounter as I study, read and pray. I find it hard to concentrate with the distractions of the day and a busy household. I need that daily retreat into the silence, that is golden.

1. Mark 1:35
Very early in the morning, while it was still dark, Jesus got up, left the house and went off to a solitary place, where he prayed.

If it was good enough for Jesus it has to be good enough for me.

God bless,

Marty


No comments:

Post a Comment