Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Sold Out On God's Plan 1/13/2016

Good Morning,

My thoughts are with ten American Sailors held in Iran. I hope we hear that they have been released. My prayers at bed were for them and as I rose from the blankets today my prayers are with them.
My cup  is filled with Door County Cherry Crème Coffee to help these old bones warm up. Here we go.

Psalm 119:9-10New International Version (NIV)
How can a young person stay on the path of purity?
    By living according to your word.
10 I seek you with all my heart;
    do not let me stray from your commands.
 
How can any person stay on the right path of life? There is only one way to do it. By living according to God's Word found in the Bible. Now when I use the terms living according to God's Word, it implies that our life is constantly living that way. Psalm 119:10 states "I seek You with all my heart". This implies one that has sold out to God,  lives only for, can't do without, and desires nothing more.
 
People pay psychiatrists for counsel on behavior, parents speak to children until they are blue in the face, pastors counsel for hour and hours with wayward people, in vain. Before any of this will help, the individual must make a choice to desire righteousness, purity, honesty, and integrity. Once the choice is made the plan is simple, God's plan of living according to His Word. This is the one and only plan and can be written in any language. The Holy Spirit is the tutor to the individual. We are equipped to make it. Last of all God says for us to be courageous and not to fear for He is there with us. 
 
Joshua 1:9New International Version (NIV)
Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go.”

 
 Sell out to the Plan! There is only one way.
 
God Bless,
 
Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment