Monday, January 4, 2016

Who Cares How You Eat Your Pancakes? 1/4/2016

Good Morning,

Monday arrived right on time and the Door County Maple Coffee is calling to me from the kitchen, demanding that I wake up and get going.

Yesterday morning was a quiet one and I waited for Rene to wake up from good night's sleep so I could make us some breakfast. We work different hours and weekends are the only time we vary from Cheerios and fruit. It is nice to eat together.

I whipped up some scrambled eggs and started the process of making some pumpkin pancakes for us.  I think my mind was scrambled more than the eggs.

Here is what I paid attention to. The two of us have a lot in common but in some instances we are very, very different.

1. Rene likes her eggs scrambled. I like mine fried, over hard. when I surrender to both of us eating scrambled eggs her share has to be light and fluffy without spices, mine has to be made with jalapeno peppers or at least some hot sauce.

2. I drink coffee and Rene has milk and then washes it down with Diet Dr. Pepper.

3. When the pancakes are served I place a little butter on top of each one and then drown the stack in syrup. Now Rene does not add any butter, but delicately separates her stack of two and places warm syrup on the bottom pancake and then places the other one on top. I asked her why she does that and her science brain kicks in and she says "each pancake has an equal amount of syrup that way and all the syrup gets eaten, unlike your plate of goo. This way I do not waste anything". To me that just takes the fun out of pancakes to Rene it makes sense.

But to be honest, at the end of the day, "who cares" how anyone eats their eggs or pancakes?  I am grateful that I have someone to eat with. We all have different talents or ways that we do things. Each one of us is different, because that is the way God made us. What we have to do is to respect each other's differences and learn form one another. Embracing different ways of doing something and learning from others often leads to better solutions to problems and issues. Just going along with some things if they are not a detrimental impact on others because you appreciate the person makes for quiet lives.


Romans 12:17-18New King James Version (NKJV)
17 Repay no one evil for evil. Have regard for good things in the sight of all men. 18 If it is possible, as much as depends on you, live peaceably with all men.

Butter? No Butter? Does it really matter? Is it work making a big deal of it?

God bless,

Marty

 

No comments:

Post a Comment