Tuesday, January 26, 2016

Encouraging Words From God. Day Two, Worries?? 1/26/2016

Good Morning,

The old skies dumped a little snow and ice on us last night. Not too bad and nothing to really worry about. My cup of Door County Red Velvet Mocha coffee is steaming away begging to be consumed.

If someone says that they never worry about anything I would be highly doubtful of their ability to tell the truth. "Worry" although the word consists of only five letters, it can have an impact of immense proportions. Last night I spoke with a dear relative of mine who asked for prayer for her family member who is having surgery today. From her voice I could tell she was worried about the outcome of the surgery. This is a natural emotion that is caused in this case by extreme love for the person going through surgery. Than there are the worries that besiege people like losing a job, driving in the dark, old age, fear of having to speak in public. All of these are natural reactions to fears that are housed within us.

We often worry about things that we have no control over. Chronic worry and emotional stress can trigger a host of health problems. The problem occurs when fight or flight is triggered daily by excessive worrying and anxiety. The fight or flight response causes the body’s sympathetic nervous system to release stress hormones such as cortisol. These hormones can boost blood sugar levels and triglycerides (blood fats) that can be used by the body for fuel. The hormones also cause physical reactions:

It is easier said than done to not worry about circumstances or the unknown. When I start to put on my worry hat I know I need more prayer time and again more time in God's Word. God addresses worry on many pages of the Bible. I have attached a few verses that I thought might help to calm a worried mind. Not my words, but words found in the Bible right form God, sent to your heart.

Colossians 3:15 And let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, to which indeed you were called in one body. And be thankful.
2 Thessalonians 3:16  Now may the Lord of peace himself give you peace at all times in every way. The Lord be with you all.
Psalm 55:22  Cast your burden on the LORD, and he will sustain you; he will never permit the righteous to be moved.
Proverbs 12:25 Anxiety in a man’s heart weighs him down, but a good word makes him glad.
Philippians 4:6-7  do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
1 Peter 5:7 casting all your anxieties on him, because he cares for you.
Psalm 23:4  Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me.

Have a great day. Give those worries over to God.

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment