Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Goose Season Starts. God Bless.8/31/2015

Good Morning,

September has finally come and I am up to the challenge of fall. My mug is filled with Door County Maple Coffee. I salute God for all the seasons, but today I shout thank You Lord for the fall.

Early Goose season starts in Wisconsin today. Unfortunately I cannot take part today because of work duties. But I have three close friends sitting in a swamp reading this as they watch for geese to fly into their decoys. I hope for them that their hunt is blessed at the end with a full crockpot of goose breasts.

Some people ask me. "As a Christian how can you hunt? Isn't killing against your faith" This was said to me as the person who decided to question my faith was eating a hamburger at our local burger emporium. I wondered if she thought that the beef she was eating got to her plate by osmosis or if she thought "aged beef" meant that the cow died from old age?

I do hunt, but I will only hunt what I will eat. I have no problem with putting food in my freezer that I stalked and killed.

Genesis 27:3   

Now then, take your weapons, your quiver and your bow, and go out to the field and hunt game for me,

Genesis 9:3    Every moving thing that lives shall be food for you. And as I gave you the green plants, I give you everything.

So I will head off to work, and pray for their safety and a nice goose for each of them.  I know they will pray before hunting and they will remember to pray for me. That's what we do besides hunt.

God bless,
Marty 

No comments:

Post a Comment