Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Muskego Beach Dandilion Park 9/30/2015

Good Morning,

Door County Pumpkin Spice Coffee is brewing, my bowl of Cheerios is full and I am looking forward to this day. I hope it ends with you and me being a blessing to someone today.


Not far from where I grew up is the town of Muskego Wisconsin. One of the attractions on Muskego Beach was Dandilion Park. It was Muskego's version of the "Boardwalk". We used to have family outings there with my Aunt Betty and her family. I recall our grand parents being there at least once. Those are fond memories of mine. I would love to have one of those days back, so I could do it again.
 
One of the main attractions was the Cyclone. The Cyclone was a wooden rollercoaster that was known to be able to thrill people, help folks lose their lunch, and I am sure it provided some wet pants now and then. The lines were long and it was one of the more expensive rides. Up, up, up you would go to the top of the first hill, your heart pounding away with anticipation. Your butt cheeks were kept tight and you stopped breathing as you proceeded down the awesome first drop. Bladder in check you started back up the next hill and then rapidly down again wishing you hadn't just eaten that foot long hot dog. At the end of the day you would hear kids say "how many times did you ride the Cyclone"?
 
I was usually good for one and Done! But I always went back on our next trip out to the park and did it again. I still like rollercoasters and enjoy one or two per year.
 
Life is at times a rollercoaster ride. It has ups and downs. But like the rollercoaster, what went down eventually goes back up. When I would be on the lowest section of the ride I was always looking up toward the next rise. It was in the lowest part of the ride, at very high speeds that it seemed like the coaster would come off of the tracks. To me that was the scariest part. We need to look up in life. When life let's us down, beats us down, and eats us alive, we need to look up. While we are down in the low valley we can recall the high times, just like the rollercoaster when it seemed if we reached out a little further we could touch the sun. When life has us down we need to look up and reach for the Son.
 
 1 Peter 5:6-7New King James Version (NKJV)
Therefore humble yourselves under the mighty hand of God, that He may exalt you in due time, casting all your care upon Him, for He cares for you.
 
Life is a ride and it will always be that way. The rollercoaster always had a line of people waiting to get on even though it was scary. Life will be up and down, but while we are down we can always look up and then the down isn't so scary.
 
God bless,
Marty


No comments:

Post a Comment