Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Maple Syrup And Bacon 9/15/2015

Good Morning,

Up and at it this fine day. Once again my coffee pot delivered a tasty way to start the morning. A cup of Door County Pumpkin Spice greeted me this AM. Is it possible for a coffee mug to smile? I think mine did.

Psalm 119:103New King James Version (NKJV)
103 How sweet are Your words to my taste,
Sweeter than honey to my mouth!
 
Last Sunday Rene and I purchased two bottles of pure maple syrup and some heavily smoked bacon. Our plan is to roast our annual Thanksgiving Turkey with these two forms of spice. The bacon will wrap the turkey and the syrup will be poured over the bacon and turkey. This combination makes a mouth watering, juicy, sweet turkey. Although November is still two months away, I can smell and taste this work of art in my mind. We knew exactly where we wanted to purchase our syrup and the bacon came from a specialty store. We go out of our way to cook a turkey that is worth remembering.
 
I wonder if many of us feel that way about God's Word the Bible? God speaks to us through His word. Do our mouths water at the thought? Do we crave a midnight snack from a passage or two? Do we share it and show it off as we would our turkey fresh from the oven? Do you get compliments on the word you share with others? Do you even share or are you a hoarder?
 
So many goodies inside the Bible and none of them are bad for you if you over eat. Put on your bib and dine!
 
God bless,
 
Marty
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment