Friday, September 18, 2015

Lasagna A Gift 9/18/2015

Good Morning,

I woke up and said to myself "lets go". I don't know who I was talking to, but the dog moved pretty quick. The old mug is filled with Door County Apple Cobbler Coffee and my bowl has Cheerios decorated with pieces of banana. Note to self, figure out who you are talking to when no one is around.

Last night Rene and I came home at the same time. That very seldom happens. It was my first nice surprise for the evening. As I was retrieving the mail from the curbside box, I heard a voice say hi. There was a neighbor of ours with a big aluminum pan in her hands. She said "this is for you guys. It is a fresh lasagna. We really enjoy you as neighbors. But most of all we love watching you with your dog and all the practicing you do for duck hunting. That little dog of yours just cracks us up. We can tell that you both are attached to him. He is our nightly dose of entertainment."  That was my second surprise.

Now we really have never done much with these folks except to chit chat and say Merry Christmas. I had no idea that we were considered entertainment. Occasionally I will remove their snow for them after a storm, but never knew they watched us so closely. I accepted their gift and we warmed it up. It was delicious to say the least.

Here is the point. You never know who is watching you or why. Our behavior as Christians should be such that when others watch us it can be viewed as praiseworthy. I thought about it. That's what they see when I am in the yard. What if they saw the temper tantrums in the garage when the snow blower won't start? But God sees it. Would He send me a lasagna for my behavior? Probably not.

Proverbs 15:3New International Version - UK (NIVUK)
The eyes of the Lord are everywhere,
    keeping watch on the wicked and the good.

We need to remember that there is always a set of eyes on us and not all of our antics are considered pleasing or entertainment.

Makes you think twice!

God bless,

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment