Friday, September 4, 2015

Passive Foolishness 9/4/2015

Good Morning,

Friday at last has come to bless us with a prelude to the weekend. To start this day my coffee pot is brewing a hot batch of Door County Cherry Crème. This has the makings of a quiet day??? I hope!

Daniel 3:16-18New King James Version (NKJV)
16 Shadrach, Meshach, and Abed-Nego answered and said to the king, “O Nebuchadnezzar, we have no need to answer you in this matter. 17 If that is the case, our God whom we serve is able to deliver us from the burning fiery furnace, and He will deliver us from your hand, O king. 18 But if not, let it be known to you, O king, that we do not serve your gods, nor will we worship the gold image which you have set up.”

So, since today is Friday and I haven't really gotten on my soap box to preach lately I thought I would tackle my thoughts on passive foolishness.

In our Scripture above we see three Jewish young men in captivity being told that to bow and worship an image made for King Nebuchadnezzar of Babylon. These three know the One, the Only God in heaven. They have true faith in Him and take an immediate stand against worshipping a false god. They are not going to violate a commandment. They boldly declare their trust in God to save them and even go so far as to say that even if God does not save them they are going to serve Him alone. Let it be understood that they are being threatened with a certain death of being tossed into a red hot furnace. They know their Scripture and their faith. They love God and would rather die than sin.

More and more I see passiveness invading churches and the lives of Christians. I say passivity and compromise in the name of winning people to Jesus is nothing but foolishness. For instance how long do we in the United States go on and ignore that genocide in our own country occurs daily and we call it abortion? It is an atrocity and embarrassing.
Many churches are catering to the "feel good or it doesn't work for me attitudes" instead of preaching a full blown Gospel message and calling sin a sin. They don't want to offend anyone. Just recently a court clerk has refused to issue same sex marriage licenses. Now their is a 2015 hero, taking a stand for her faith and belief in the Bible. She has overwhelming support from her town.  What would you do to help her?
I am glad to belong to a church where the sinners are loved but the message of just what sin is can be heard from the pulpit.

It was expressed to me that the members of our church are blessed to have leadership that allows and supports corporate prayer meetings. I was told that other churches do not see the value in it. If that would ever change in my church, in five minutes I will be late for the door.

My prayer today is for this nation and the world to have strength in Biblical integrity, instead of weakness and passive compromise. Let us all be like the clerk who takes a stand.

Ok that's enough.

Enjoy your Friday.

Marty


No comments:

Post a Comment