Thursday, September 17, 2015

In The Cross Hairs 9/17/2015

Good Morning,

I hope this day finds you at peace with yourself today. I started this day with a kind thought for myself and a cup of Door County Cherry Crème Coffee.

3 John 1:2 ESV    
Beloved, I pray that all may go well with you and that you may be in good health, as it goes well with your soul.

You might say that having a kind thought for myself would be selfish. No, not really. I said a prayer for myself asking God to bless my day, protect me, and thanked Him for another day. I later prayed for others as I usually do.

1 Peter 5:8New King James Version (NKJV)
Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil walks about like a roaring lion, seeking whom he may devour.

You see we all must admit that we have an enemy that would love to see us defeated in all that we do.
He has us in his sights and wants to pull the trigger on temptation, calamity, and hurt. We would never go to war without a plan and a weapon. So why start a day without praying for yourself as well as others? Jesus gave us a perfect example of praying for others, acknowledging God and praying for ourselves.

Matthew 6:9-13King James Version (KJV)
After this manner therefore pray ye: Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name.
10 Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven.
11 Give us this day our daily bread.
12 And forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors.
13 And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil: For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, for ever. Amen.

Always start your day with prayer. But don't forget to be kind to yourself and pray for you! All in all you are important too!

God bless,

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment