Sunday, September 27, 2015

She Destroys Me In Those Blue Jeans. 9/27/2015

Good Morning,

The old cup is filled with Door County Red Velvet Mocha Coffee. Our dog Gibbs is curled up next to my feet. Life is good. I will be heading to work soon and glad to be here.

 Genesis 2:22-24King James Version (KJV)
22 And the rib, which the Lord God had taken from man, made he a woman, and brought her unto the man.
23 And Adam said, This is now bone of my bones, and flesh of my flesh: she shall be called Woman, because she was taken out of Man.
24 Therefore shall a man leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave unto his wife: and they shall be one flesh.

Today a thousand years ago, I married Laurene (Rene). I married a gal who loves Hallmark Movies, loves to cry when they get sappy, has compassion for others, loves dogs and babies. She laughs at commercials that show kids doing the craziest things. She doesn't mind hot dogs, burgers and fries. Yet she appreciates a fine meal. Christmas is a big deal to her and she makes it good for all of us. She is married to a hunting maniac and does not complain. Rene can eat custard while smiling, pick out ties that match a shirt, drive a tractor, and then dress up to die for. She still rocks a pair of blue jeans and boots. She knows how to make me shut up, and just how to drive me crazy. She loves the Lord, listens to my sermons weekly and doesn't complain. Rene packs me up for mission trips and leaves love notes in my socks and underwear. Rene climbs all the stairs to the top of old light houses and loves to shop for antiques.
To think that God made all that from just a rib. Of course I am declaring my love for my wife, and bragging on her a little. But what I really want to say is "Way To Go God"!

Have a great day. Glad to be here! How about you?

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment