Thursday, September 24, 2015

Celebrate Life 9/24/2015

Good Morning,

If I were home today my cup would be filled twice by now with some Door County Cherry Crème Coffee. I am looking forward to being home tonight. I am one tired puppy!



Psalm 118:24
This is the day that the Lord has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it.

I am privileged to work for a great employer who encourages us to belong to professional organizations and also sends us off to educational conferences. I have been away for a few days attending the Wisconsin Health Engineers Association Annual State Conference (WHEA). I am a member and really wanted to attend the conference because of a couple of the speakers that would be presenting. They were great.

WHEA was also celebrating 50 years of service to healthcare and the State of Wisconsin. There was a banquet with great food, music, awards and then capped off by a fireworks display along the river. I spent the evening mingling with good friends, enjoying the music and jocularity. The fireworks were and added bonus for me.

But it did take me deep in thought for awhile. Everyone was having a nice time. The celebration was planned well and I give it an A grade. My thoughts are this. It was a 50 year anniversary, and I certainly won't be here for the next 50 year event. Every day we have small victories in our lives. Every breath we take is a gift. The smiles we give or receive are gifts. We need to celebrate each day as if there won't be a tomorrow and make it count for others and ourselves.  I ask you this, why not celebrate each day in a small way? You are worth it. When God made today, He knew you would be in it. So in a way, this day was made for you. Enjoy it as much as you can. Celebrate!

God bless,

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment