Thursday, September 3, 2015

Spaghetti Squash And The Bible 9/3/2015 With A Recipe

Good Morning,

It seems as if today will be another hot one. I saw the extended forecast for next week. Yahoo, back to normal. Bring on the fall. My coffee this morning is Door County Caramel Apple. I might have to bring out the summer flavors until this weather get's colder. Argh!




One thing Rene and I like to eat is spaghetti squash, with pheasant pieces, pesto, mushrooms and dried tomatoes. It is all stir fried in light olive oil. Now if you would have told me when I was ten years old that I would be eating squash, pheasant, and mushrooms I would have replied with a resounding "YUCK". My tastes were more for normal spaghetti, no mushrooms, hot dogs, fried chicken. mashed potatoes, burgers and french fries.  My tastes had not developed beyond that at ten years old. I could not appreciate the finer things in life. Imagine if I had never gotten beyond that menu. I would be larger than I am, not invited out anywhere and my cholesterol would be off the charts. I needed to advance in my diet, for my own good.

Many people are picky eaters of God's Word and have not advanced in their understanding of the Bible. They have their favorite passages and do not wander into the rest of the Bible. They are satisfied with a limited amount of knowledge from God's Word. Most people like this, have no clue where to look in the Bible for instructions or peace. They live with only a small amount of the instructions for their lives. This is completely unhealthy. So as my mother used to say, "How do you know that it isn't for you, if you haven't tried it"?  So my advice to those who are picky Bible readers and undernourished, read your Bible from beginning to end this year. Join a Bible study. Many people have personal trainers and dieticians for their health. Let a  qualified Bible Teacher open God's Word with you. Learn with, and from a group study.

You might find that your Spiritual life becomes a lot healthier.

God bless,

Marty


Garlic Shrimp and Spaghetti Squash

Makes: 4 servings
Serving Size: 2/3 cup shrimp & 3/4 cup squash
Active Time:
Total Time:

Ingredients

  • 1 2 1/2- to 3-pound spaghetti squash, halved lengthwise and seeded
  • 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
  • 1 tablespoon minced garlic
  • 1 teaspoon ground coriander
  • 1 teaspoon ground cumin
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
  • 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
  • 1/3 cup dry white wine, such as pinot grigio
  • 1 pound peeled and deveined raw shrimp (16-20 per pound), tails left on if desired
  • 1 tablespoon lemon juice
  • 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
  • 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
  • 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
  • Lemon wedges for serving
 

Preparation

  1. Place squash cut-side down in a microwave-safe dish; add 2 tablespoons water. Microwave, uncovered, on High until the flesh is tender, about 10 minutes. (Alternatively, place squash halves cut-side down on a rimmed baking sheet. Bake in a 400°F oven until the squash is tender, 40 to 50 minutes.)
  2. Meanwhile, heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add garlic, coriander, cumin, 1/4 teaspoon salt and cayenne; cook, stirring, for 30 seconds. Add wine and bring to a simmer. Add shrimp and cook, stirring, until the shrimp are pink and just cooked through, 3 to 4 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in lemon juice.
  3. Use a fork to scrape the squash from the shells into a medium bowl. Add cilantro, butter, pepper and the remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt; stir to combine. Serve the shrimp over the spaghetti squash with a lemon wedge on the side.

No comments:

Post a Comment