Wednesday, September 9, 2015

When I am Old And Gray 9/9/2015

Good Morning,

Just started my day with a cup of Door County Pumpkin Spice Coffee, some Scripture and prayer. Add a banana for a little breakfast and this day has started well.

Psalm 71:17-18

17 O God, You have taught me from my youth;
And to this day I declare Your wondrous works.
18 Now also when I am old and grayheaded,
O God, do not forsake me,
Until I declare Your strength to this generation,
Your power to everyone who is to come.


After reading these verses and thinking about retirement more and more I can see my next job description. Yes! I will keep on working, whether I get paid for it or not. I don't think people ever retire from serving the Lord.

After taking a second look at the verses 17 and 18 of Psalm 71 I see more of a prayer. The prayer seems to be "Lord now that I am old, give me the strength to keep serving You".

I think that should be a prayer that we all speak despite being young or old. Lord give me strength to always serve you right up to my last breath.

Something to ponder. Are you still working for the Lord or did you take an early retirement?

God bless,

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment