Friday, September 25, 2015

The Fly By 9/25/2015

Good Morning,

Home once again and the old pot is brewing some Door County Maple Coffee. The aroma has just filled the house with visions of colder weather and some snow.



Last night I was spending some time outside with our dog Gibbs. Just before dark, large flocks of low flying geese were traveling just over our roof top. That was music to my ears. Those flocks were just driving my little Springer Spaniel crazy. He just couldn't understand why I wasn't shooting. To him it was a sure thing! This went on for a good 15 minutes, at least. I could just see my neighbors and their reactions if I had unloaded my shot gun on those flying steaks. Although, I will admit that I did imagine it. We have to wait for a legal field and the right time. Gibbs learned pretty quick that I was not going to shoot. He calmed down and sat patiently. He had to work through the stress and temptation. Pretty soon he was sitting there watching the geese flying by and not moving. The trial by temptation was teaching him some patience.

James 1:1-4
James, a bondservant of God and of the Lord Jesus Christ,
To the twelve tribes which are scattered abroad:
Greetings.
My brethren, count it all joy when you fall into various trials, knowing that the testing of your faith produces patience. But let patience have its perfect work, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking nothing.

Trials come our way and no one really likes a hardship. We work fast to get rid of them. But sometimes like Gibbs had to, we have to endure them longer than we think is necessary. During that time we learn how to wait and be patient. Each time this happens it becomes easier to wait. Gibbs is a better, more reliable dog with every time he has to wait and be patient.

Go ahead, enjoy the wait,

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment