Wednesday, August 19, 2015

When All You Can Do Is Love 8/19/2015

Good Morning,

May your day have some sunshine and peace and your cup filled with blessings. I am blessed today to have a big cup of Door County Cherry Crème Coffee sitting right next to me.

I received a call yesterday from one of my loved ones who was in a bad way. I am not mentioning names to keep some privacy in place. My loved one had just lost a family member to death. Everything that could go wrong at the moment did. Cell phone reception decided to quit. Once it came back three other people were calling me. All I wanted to do was to reach out and hug the hurt away. But then a distance of over one thousand miles would not allow that. I could tell that my dear one hurt beyond what I thought she could bear. We prayed and closed the conversation.

I am a "fixer". If something is broke I am a get it done type guy. This needed fixing and I could not help. This frustrated me. My loved one hurt and I did not have the answers. I called again last night and decided the best thing to do was to just listen and love.  It dawned on me that except for a few things I might be able to do and help with later this week, the best thing to do is to love and be there any way I can.

When in doubt, love. Not in the noun sense of the word but as a verb! You will find that in order for there to be a noun you must put forth love as a verb in action.

1 Corinthians 13:8-13New King James Version (NKJV)
Love never fails. But whether there are prophecies, they will fail; whether there are tongues, they will cease; whether there is knowledge, it will vanish away. For we know in part and we prophesy in part. 10 But when that which is perfect has come, then that which is in part will be done away.
11 When I was a child, I spoke as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child; but when I became a man, I put away childish things. 12 For now we see in a mirror, dimly, but then face to face. Now I know in part, but then I shall know just as I also am known.
13 And now abide faith, hope, love, these three; but the greatest of these is love.

God bless,
Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment