Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Light On A Hill 8/11/2015

Good Morning,

I just wanted to say thank you to all who read my blog each day. You are special to me and I want you to know that. My cup is filled with Door County Cinnamon Sugar Biscotti Coffee. I needed a little spice today.

Matthew 5:16New King James Version (NKJV)
16 Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works and glorify your Father in heaven.

I was shooting the breeze with my grandson Dominick last night and we were talking about Bible verses and occasionally some nonsense, when I asked him to help me pick out a bible verse for this morning, I was not surprised when he chose Mathew 5:16.   

Dominick pretty much lives out this verse with his actions and heart. I witnessed this last week while on a short term mission trip that we were both on together. He is very detail oriented, living the motto, "any job big or small, do it right or not at all." While making salads for the mission group to eat one night Dominick insisted that each plate be a work of art. He was showing us that each missionary worked hard and deserved to have a supper that was fit for one of God's servants. His belief and mine is that good work done in God's way always glorifies our Father in Heaven.

So today, If you are working or serving, you need to perform all the duties prescribed for you today in a way that honors and glorifies the Father. This work, done to honor and glorify God leads others to want what you possess within your heart.

It is important that people can see God through your actions at all times. Won't you consider using your time today to bring others to God through your actions, attitudes, and demeanor?  

God Bless,
Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment