Friday, August 7, 2015

The Bugs Were Gone! 8/7/2015

Good Morning,

This morning's coffee is Door County Peanut Butter Crunch. I haven't had my first cup yet today. My friend Paul was up earlier than me to start the coffee, so it won't be long.

Day three of the mission trip that I am on. Yesterday was a full day of action. Our little band of hard chargers worked their butts off and yours truly is tired enough right now to prove it. But, all said and done, as hard as they worked, God carried the load. He was amazing.

Luke 10:17-20

17 Then the seventy returned with joy, saying, “Lord, even the demons are subject to us in Your name.”
18 And He said to them, “I saw Satan fall like lightning from heaven. 19 Behold, I give you the authority to trample on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy, and nothing shall by any means hurt you. 20 Nevertheless do not rejoice in this, that the spirits are subject to you, but rather rejoice because your names are written in heaven.”

Each night on a mission trip we have a time to debrief and talk about the  day's events and what God did during their time out in the field.

Prior to the start on their work, my friend Steve and I surveyed an abandoned building  last week that they would be removing the contents of, and placing them into a dumpster. The day we were there, the building had an assortment  of bugs that you can only imagine. It looked like something out of a science fiction movie. We prepared the team for what we saw. Some of them have huge bug phobias. I was a little worried about how they would respond.

Last night as they reported out we heard about their day in bug land. What I heard amazed us all. There weren't any bugs! The only exterminator on that property was the Holy Spirit. Later I heard one of the guys still talking about it. "I just can't believe there weren't any bugs!

Steve winked at me and we laughed. We could believe it. Now tomorrow we I will tell you about the dumpster!

God bless. Smile you are loved!

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment