Sunday, August 2, 2015

Enjoying Antiques 8/2/2015

Good Morning,

Today I start with a question? Will you make someone happy today? Consider doing so, and see if you can't brighten somebody's life a little. My wife set up the coffee pot for me last night so I would wake up to a hot cup of Door County Blueberry Cobbler. I went to bed early last night and did not prepare for the morning. What a nice surprise.

1 Corinthians 16:14
Do everything in love.




One of God's greatest commandments is that we treat each other well. There are numerous Bible verses about loving one another, just as God loves each of us: Rene loves antiques and loves to go out looking for them near and far. What makes her smile the most is when I will say "hey would you like to spend a day here or there and shop for antiques"? It means more to her when I plan it and dedicate time with her doing what she loves to do. She even likes it better when I pack a small lunch and we eat in the car or at a roadside picnic table. it doesn't matter to her whether it is winter or summer. As I write this I can see her smile as she eats a ham and cheese sandwich, lightly buttered. Some day one of us will eventually miss those days.

The shelf in the picture, is in one corner of our kitchen. The shelf was made by a dear friend who passed away a few years ago. He always made us something for our home. It holds some memories of him and a few of our "antique road trips." I look at the shelf from time to time and remember him and our days together, and the days spent with Rene as she collected her treasures. All this is a boomerang effect. It comes back to me and makes me happy, and I smile. Doing nice things for others always warms your own heart. I have no explanation as to why or how, but since we are to do all things in love for others it must be God's way of joining in.

So get your happy going today and spread it around!

God bless,

Marty


No comments:

Post a Comment