Saturday, August 22, 2015

Grass In The Headlights. 8/22/2015

Good Morning,

Just had a hot cup of Door County Red Velvet Mocha with our daughter and both of us are on the road to different duties today.

Matthew 6:33New King James Version (NKJV)
33 But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you.

Our area of the world has been in a short drought these past few weeks with high temperatures besides. Most of everyone's grass went dormant for awhile. So yard work was at a minimum. Our weekend is packed with things that need to be done and yard work was not on the agenda. Rain blessed our area this last week and everything sprung back to life. The grass seemed to be yelling "I'm growing again". So Rene and I carved out time last night to mow and trim the lawn. First I heard "Hon the tractor won't start". A quick diagnosis sent me to Batteries Plus for a tractor battery. The lines were long and my trip totaled an hour. God continued to spin the world and dusk set in. The tractor started and Rene began to mow. I went to the trimmer and it started immediately and my chore began. 20 seconds into my work the bottom of the trimmer where the cutting cord is wrapped went flying across the lawn. I found all the parts reassembled that "machine from you know where" and proceeded to finish the trimming. We had every outside light on to illuminate the yard, Rene had the tractor headlights on and I prayed for God to slow the world down for 15 minutes. He did not seem to answer that request. This morning as I look at the lawn it looks like two drunks completed the yard work.

The lesson is this. Who cares? I will fix it tomorrow. It will take a short time. The yard will live through it's hack job. What is more important is that God has set some other things on our plates and they need to be a priority. God will make time for the grass.

Have a great weekend. Let God set your schedule.

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment