Monday, August 17, 2015

Mudding The Layout Blinds 8/17/2015

Good Morning,

Monday arrived and now we must use it to the best of our abilities even though we wish it was Friday again. My thermos is filled with Door County Cherry Crème Coffee this morning. My lunch is a spicy salad to keep me going until I come home to some goose enchiladas tonight.

Yesterday I had the pleasure of performing the task of "mudding the layout blinds" with my nephew Nick and his girlfriend. Layout blinds are small enclosures that a duck and goose hunter uses to hide from approaching ducks and geese. Once the game is in range the hunter can pop up from the blind and have a pretty good chance of bagging a bird or two.
 
 

The blinds come all shiny from the factory and even though fake grass, brush or corn husks are added to the blind the shiny surface sticks out in a field and causes the birds to be very wary. The fabric needs to be painted with mud and dried so it is a little darker and blends in with a newly cut corn field. Then it snows or rains and much of the mud is washed away. So this project needs to be done annually. The chore when done with others is always easier and maybe even a little fun. We spend a lot of time getting ready for our hunting season. This year we got an early start and won't be doing this chore in the dark or cold. There have been years when I have procrastinated and I was not ready. I knew the season was coming but I was not prepared.
 
Each of us has only so many days on this Earth. We don't know exactly when our last day will be. But it will be in "your lifetime" for sure. Are you ready to go on that last day? Have you accepted Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior? Have you asked to be forgiven of your sins and accepted His free gift of eternal life? Ask Jesus into your life as Lord and Savior. Be ready to go. Procrastination could lead to eternal life in Hell.  Who in their right mind would want that?
 
 Romans 10:13New King James Version (NKJV)
13 For “whoever calls on the name of the Lord shall be saved.”

Revelation 3:20New King James Version (NKJV)
20 Behold, I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears My voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and dine with him, and he with Me.

Why wait? Make today the best day of your life. Invite Jesus into your heart today!

God bless,

Marty




1 comment: